Pelikin welcomes new Advisory Board Member David Monty who joins company as a Payments and Strategy Advisor.
Entrepreneur, director and technologist, David has founded and run several innovative digital and payment businesses and has been a driving force within the FinTech industry. With a passion for new products and ideas, a strong track record for success, and a well-established presence and network, David oversees the activities of the Affinity Hub. He sits on a number of company boards and advises a wide range of start-ups and growing businesses, as well as continuing to be an industry thought-leader.
- Co-Founded and ran Tuxedo Money Solutions, a global FinTech payments business, as both CTO and CEO, followed by a successful $81 million sale and exit in 2018
- Co-Founded Affinity Hub
- Co-Founded and ran Green Light, the UK’s first SMS and phone-based micropayment service
- Produced and piloted Europe’s first prepaid MasterCard contactless mobile phone solution
- Pioneered digital PIN delivery via SMS, Mobile App and IVR
- Created, operated and advised on a range of mobile-first digital banking enterprises
- Managed various capital raises, across both equity and debt
David brings with him a vast network of global industry leaders in both the travel and financial space which is going to help us grow our core payments product both in Australia and in new regions globally. This will allow Pelikin to access world class product and minds to help us further broaden our value proposition.
Pelikin is a multi-currency free banking app and pre-paid Visa card for young travellers. It helps millennials spend, send and manage their cash money overseas, without bank fees or annoying red tape. After nailing down partnerships with Heritage Bank (ADI) and Visa, and following a successful global product beta , the Melbourne fintech is set to launch in Q4 2019.
Pelikin is currently raising A$2 million to boost customer acquisition and product development, with an eye on the NZ and US markets.
To keep up to date with Pelikin, register your interest in the company below.