Selfmade is a digital tax agent and financial services platform that provides both individuals and SMSFs with a range of high-tech professional services including tax lodgements, compliance, and administration.
The platform includes direct integrations with the ATO, major banks and other software providers which are critical to providing holistic wealth management and accounting service to a wide range of customers.
Selfmade is generating A$1M in annualised revenue, with revenues growing at 20% month-on-month. Selfmade is cash-flow neutral.
- Selfmade has an experienced team of fintech professionals with a track record of success. The founders have previously taken a fintech start-up business from an idea all the way through to an ASX listing with a market cap of over A$170M, delivering significant shareholder returns.
- Selfmade has added leading fintech product specialist Ben Styles to the team developing its new personal tax product which is launching this financial year.
- Ben is an award-winning SaaS and financial services product builder with an excellent track record of success at some of Australia’s leading fintech players.
- He was a former Executive General Manager of Product – Financial Services at Xero. Ben founded the financial services division at Xero where he launched a range of strategic initiatives including partnerships with over 130 banks from around the world as well as integrating payments services into the Xero platform and many other leading Xero 3rd party integration services.
- The Selfmade product offering includes both personal and SMSF tax, ongoing admin and compliance services as well as bank and trading account set-up, life insurance replacement services, and other add-on financial services.
- Selfmade’s new digitally-enabled personal tax product is launching in 2022 FY and is targeted at the fast-growing 20 to 45-year-old online investor market, covering over 2.6 million Aussie consumers.
- The product is fully mobile and includes data-driven insights and a proprietary “tax wizard” allowing users to manage their tax affairs easily and efficiently from their personal devices.
Selfmade is raising A$2M for customer acquisition of its soon-to-be-launched personal tax product.
“Selfmade is everything that traditional accounting and wealth management offerings are not. That means we’re high-tech, engaging, fast, and efficient. Our offering allows younger tech-savvy consumers to access high-quality professional services in the same way they would other cutting-edge financial products – digitally in the palm of their hand.
Having Ben join the Selfmade team is fantastic. He has a unique understanding of what it takes to build, operate and iterate a successful tech-enabled financial product. It is really exciting to see what Ben has already brought to the table, we are very fortunate to have someone with his experience working with us on this new opportunity.”