“Experiential websites and dating apps don’t use their full potential. UMEGO disrupts both scenes by connecting people with the same interests.
Our solution is unique in the world. We are using the momentum of first-mover advantage by expanding fast to other countries and taking advantage of the pandemic as economies are slowly recovering and people are tired of social restrictions. People just want to go out and have a good time. Hence, it is a good opportunity to start from the bottom.”
Timo Paling, CEO & Co-Founder, UMEGO
UMEGO is a lifestyle platform that offers consumers a wide range of unique, personal, and exciting experiences—from classics such as dining, spas, and dance classes, to new trends such as learning arts and crafts skills. It is a unique solution, the first-ever platform in the world where users can meet new people who share the same interests as they enjoy experiences.
The problem is that experiential websites focus primarily on the gifting and tourism sectors and do not connect people with the same interests. At the same time, apps in the dating/meeting new friends space are focusing on matching profiles instead of helping people go from online to offline.
UMEGO takes advantage of both scenes. They turn these scenarios into opportunities by connecting people who have the same interests with UMEGO’s greatly valued experiences.
- UMEGO is a unique, launch-ready solution—the first-ever platform of its kind in the world. No other dating/new friends app combines experiences with real-life dating.
- 100+ partners are on board with 300+ experiences (which are rapidly growing).
- UMEGO has a highly competent team with experienced advisors (former executives from Tinder, Uber, etc.).
- Strong first-mover advantage.
- Rapidly growing markets: the global gift cart market grows at a CAGR of 16.2%
(2020-2027); dating services are growing 5.2% (2019-2026).
UMEGO is raising US$750,000 for 15% equity of the company.