Our Chief Executive Officer, Dr James Garner, recently sat down with Stuart Roberts of Pitt Street Research in Sydney to discuss the company’s recent announcement of positive interim efficacy data from its phase II trial of GDC-0084 in glioblastoma.
The interview covers:
- How the data shows a progression free survival in the eight patients treated of around 8.4 months, which compares very favourably to benchmarks for glioblastoma
- How GDC-0084 extended progression free survival of MGMT methylated patients who are resistant to temozolomide, the current standard of care
- How Kazia believes GDC-0084 has every possibility of being the next drug that is FDA approved for glioblastoma
- The $US1.5 billion untapped market opportunity in glioblastoma
- That Kazia is looking to use GDC-0084 in other forms of brain cancer
Watch the video interview here.
Interview with BioWorld
In addition, Dr Garner was also interviewed in BioWorld on the interim efficacy data as well as the overall GDC-0084 program.
In the interview, Dr Garner said that by the standards of drug development, the GDC-0084 program “has moved incredibly fast.”
“In one sense, that’s exactly how it should be for a drug with as terrible a prognosis as glioblastoma,” he added. “But it also reflects what we’ve tried to do in Kazia. Our goal has been to put forward this agile model for drug development, and the GDC-0084 story is a good illustration of exactly what we’ve been trying to do as a company.”
About KaziaTherapeutics Limited
Kazia Therapeutics Limited (ASX: KZA, NASDAQ: KZIA) is an innovative oncology-focused biotechnology company, based in Sydney, Australia. Our pipeline includes two clinical-stage drug development candidates, and we are working to develop therapies across a range of oncology indications.