- Medical Kiwi has built a strong team
- Developed a clear plan to deliver for investors and customers
- Successfully raised seed fund capital
- Signed distribution and uptake agreements
- Been granted a licence to cultivate
- Secured a greenfield site
Medical Kiwi has put themselves in the premier position to release the global opportunities for safe, high-quality, consistent and affordable medicinal cannabis and CBD wellness products to bring real change to people’s lives.
Medical Kiwi is leading the way with an innovative, science-based approach to developing and delivering high-quality, affordable cannabinoid products to those who need them the most.
We’re in a unique position as one of a handful of New Zealand companies poised to create value and carve out a significant share of the emerging and exciting global medicinal cannabis and CBD wellbeing industry, estimated to reach a value of USD $150 billion by 2025. (Grand View Research, April 2018)
In just under a year Medical Kiwi has:
- Built a strong health-based, scientific and business savvy team
- Developed a clear plan for research, product development and distribution
- Successfully raised our initial seed fund capital of $1 million and undertaking wholesale share sales to raise a further $2 million
- Signed partnership agreements with global industry-leading companies
- Secured a greenfield site for our state-of-the-art facility in Nelson and a developer to build the site which we will lease
- Been granted a licence to cultivate from the Ministry of Health with further licences pending.
The appointment of Dr David Porter, Consultant Rheumatologist and Dr Michael Packer, Senior Research Scientist, to the Medical Kiwi Board of Directors this year demonstrates our commitment to science-based production of innovative, high-quality, accessible products. David’s work in the health service treating and working with patients with chronic pain is invaluable to informing our medical research and development of products. Michael’s practical experience and successes give us a great platform to further research and develop solutions for health care issues that are controlled by the endocannabinoid system that cannabis has such a direct influence over.
Our strong global partnerships are opening doors to exclusive international opportunities. Medical Kiwi has secured a global network of clients and strategic partnerships with high calibre industry players and scientific institutions. Exclusive distribution and uptake agreements have been signed with:
- Vitality CBD, the United Kingdom’s most trusted and distributed CBD brand;
- Liberty Herbal Technologies, a UK-based company producing innovative medicinal cannabis technology, and;
- Empirical Labs, USA-based leading international manufacturer of dietary supplements.
About Medical Kiwi
Medical Kiwi Limited (MK) exists to pioneer the emerging medicinal cannabis industry in New Zealand, and enable the terminally ill and those in chronic pain with access to safe and effective medicinal cannabis.