Pelikin kicked off the funding round (A$2m) with a bang securing 20% of the funding target within the first 4 weeks from a single investor. This has allowed Pelikin to speed up product development and make moves on the marketing campaigns.
Here are some more Pelikin highlights from the past couple of months:
- Featured in Escape.com.au, Anthill Magazine, Chattr, Australian Fintech, Hipland.co.
- Opened A$2m capital raise in June – secured $400k in July.
- Soft launched the app for both iPhone and Android users. To activate use a code SQUAD19
- Card usage hit over 35 countries!
- Launched a game changing money tool for group travellers.
- David Monty (Founder/CEO Tuxedo Money) added to Pelikin Advisory Board.
- Signed deal with insurtech Travel By Us to build Pelikin Travel Insurance backed by Lloyds
- Kicked off conversations with some exciting strategic partners to broaden the value proposition.
Pelikin is a multi-currency free banking app and pre-paid Visa card for young travellers. It helps millennials spend, send and manage their cash money overseas, without bank fees or annoying red tape. After nailing down partnerships with Heritage Bank (ADI) and Visa, and following a successful global product beta, the Melbourne fintech is set to launch in Q4 2019.
Pelikin is currently raising A$2 million to boost customer acquisition and product development, with an eye on the NZ and US markets.
To keep up to date with Pelikin, register your interest in the company below.