Highlights for the Quarter
- Met with the United States Food and Drug Administration seeking feedback for a 510(k) submission in Oral Cancer Surgery and/or Oral Cancer Screening.
- Progress in Oral Cancer Trials and Studies being led by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, Melbourne Dental School and Australian Centre for Oral Oncology Research and Education.
- Leading medical journal, Nature Biomedical Engineering, published study confirming potential of OptiScan technology.
- Revenue from Carl Zeiss Meditec of approximately $500k.
- Delivery of a FIVE2 (ViewnVivo) system to a university in Shanghai –OptiScan’s first China sale with
new distribution arrangements.
- Receipt of $211k from financing of Research and Development Tax Credit.
To read the full quarterly report click here.
OptiScan (ASX:OIL) is an Australian listed company and a pioneer in the development and application of endomicroscopic imaging technologies for medical markets. Our multi-patented confocal imaging technology can be used for both cancer screening and tumour margin detection in cancer surgery. Our device enables real-time, in vivo imaging at the cellular level in clinical applications, providing a “digital” biopsy. The benefits of this “digital” biopsy include monitoring of early stage disease, earlier identification of pre-cancer and the potential to reduce the time doctors, patients and operating theatres are required to wait for pathology results, the number of repeat surgeries and actual biopsies required.