London June 18th, 2021. Rewire Holding announced recently the closure of the 2nd SEED round, raising an additional $US 2.3 million. Rewire Holding is a Fintech using the registered brand Saurus.com backed by 5 patents. Users can open current accounts in EUR and GBP in minutes and instantly get a virtual Mastercard and order a physical card from their App.
The company aims to improve financial and social inclusion, providing current accounts for those in rural areas and target Hispanic and Muslim diasporas.
The patent-pending “Bumping” technology is now available in the Saurus.com App and allows smartphones to act as a virtual ATM, for nearby users to deposit cash through them and instantly receive that money in electronic form in their first-ever created current account.
An innovative instant payment transfer device, acting as an NFC repeater, is ready for commercial release, with the first 10 thousand units being manufactured with initial deliveries starting in July 2021.
CEO of Rewire Holding, Jose Merino, is a former Silicon Valley-based Vice President Operations of Philips Consumer Communications and a co-founder & COO of Sensei Ltd which he took from start-up to a trade sale exit to Vtech Holdings of Hong Kong.
About Rewire Holding LTD
About Rewire Holding LTD
• Self-funded by its founders until Dec 2019, when Rewire Holding was registered as a limited liability company in the UK, benefiting from the IPR and trademark licenses and the R&D work performed till then.
• Our licensed Internet Sharing technology has been inside the app of Dunkin´ Coffee nationwide in Spain since 2018, with over 250K downloads.
• 3 patent families, as licensed IPR protection.
• 6 June 2020, Contract signed with an EMI Fintech for provision of UK local accounts and Spain EUR IBANs and Mastercard.
• 17 June 2020, Agreement signed between “Fosun Innovation Hub Gmbh” and Rewire Holding, becoming a member of their “Incubator Program” of the European arm of the Chinese investment firm Fosun with >$20B Revenue.
• 11 Aug. 2020 Saurus.com prepaid debit card design signed off by Rewire Holding for approval process by PFS & MasterCard.
• August 2020, PCI compliance certification and penetration testing Agreement signed with Kyte Consultants.
• 25 Aug. 2020, KYC Agreement signed with Onfido for real time KYC.
• Onboarding process of the Saurus.com iOS and Android APP and basic API integrations between our server(s) and Onfido, development phase completed mid Sept. 2020.
• Closed Alpha test of the Saurus.com App as a multi-currency (EUR & GBP) current accounts App with a Prepaid Debit Card co-branded Mastercard & Saurus.com all throughout Oct.´2020.
• Beta testing during November 2020 and Commercial release of the Saurus.com iOS & Android APPs to the AppStore & Google-Play during early Dec 2020.
• Lean team of 12 and 3 Board Advisors currently.