On May 4th, Wholesale Investor hosted its Sydney Australasian Emerging Company Investor Showcase held at the ASX Exchange Centre. With a great turnout of 200+ attendees and 18 emerging companies featured, the atmosphere in the room was tremendous.
Tom Beecroft, Chairman, and Chad Braithwaite Chief Executive Officer, from Tea Centre Holdings, Australia’s second largest tea retailer, spoke of the companies recent success including already raising 80% of their capital, with hopes to raise $700,000 to allow for rapid growth. Another company, who engaged with the audience was Virtual Content Group. The Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Torsten Hoffmann, explained the global and profitable group consisting of award-winning VR companies from Germany, France and Australia. VCG’s clients include BMW, Samsung, Sony, Disney, Gucci and many other prestigious organisations.
The networking sessions that followed included buzzing conversations including a strong inflow of inquests throughout the day from our online platform and event e-Hub. Our event also provided early subscriptions to companies who were seeking capital.
We would like to thank all of the investors who joined us at this event, along with the innovation and ambition of our presenting companies. Please see the full list of presenting companies below.
- Surf Lakes Holdings Ltd – Artificial surfing technology creating full sized waves in a controlled environment
- Prospr Group – On-demand trade and exchange platform of skills, services and products
- Tea Centre Holdings Pty Ltd – Australia’s second largest tea retailer, with 12 stores plus online and over 80% capital raised
- WYZA Ltd – Australia’s fastest growing data-driven digital marketplace targeting people 50+ with over 270,000 on subscriber database
- miiGroup – SaaS platform with first mover advantage offering a single source of truth for identity and license documents
- Intermin Resources Ltd (ASX:IRC) – Gold exploration and mining company focused in the Goldfields area of WA with 100% owned projects
- Brauz – World’s first blended experience marketplace combining physical, digital and virtual retails stores
- Moneyball Australia – Leading daily fantasy sports wagering platform with over 70% YoY revenue growth
- Virtual Content Group – Global and profitable group of award-winning VR companies with blue-chip clients such as BMW, Samsung, Sony and more
- HashChing – Australia’s first online home loan marketplace with 13x growth in monthly revenue since April 2016
- Addiction Therapeutics Pty Ltd – Leading novel therapy for substance abuse disorders founded out of Sydney University
- Novogen Ltd (ASX: NRT, NASDAQ: NVGN) – Emerging oncology company developing anti-cancer treatments
- Real Estate Tube Pty Ltd – Property video channel connecting buyers and sellers worldwide through HD video tours
- Guided Resolution Pty Ltd – Online dispute resolution platform winner of Westpac’s 200 Businesses of Tomorrow
- Midstream Methanol – U.S. Midwest natural gas conversion plants builder with a de-risked model & a number of major blue-chip relationships
- Blinder Ltd – Game-changing PR technology used by Olympic champions to Grammy winners
- Power Club Investments Pty Ltd – Framework enabling member access to wholesale energy and services
- Multi BD Pty Ltd – Be the market leading developer and owner of Premium Medical Super Centres in Australia
We have a number of upcoming events on the East Coast of Australia including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Sydney and Melbourne, along with a special collaboration in Singapore with ShareInvestor.com. To register or find out more about the upcoming events please click on the button below.