“We are on a mission to become the global leader in self-measured blood pressure monitoring. Recent milestones include patents granted in the US, Australia, China and Japan. Beta prototypes and successful completion of a data collection trial. We are now looking to secure $300k to complete the current $1.5m capital raise. With this capital we will achieve our next value adding milestones – FDA submissions and approvals.”
Niels van Sparrentak, Founder, Tournicare
Tournicare is developing a consumer focused blood pressure (BP) monitor and management system to better serve the ~115 million hypertension sufferers in AU and the US. In the booming tele-monitoring market their solution will provide value for all stakeholders through unique competitive advantages and protected features. Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is the most significant risk factor for the biggest global killer – cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Tournicare aims to improve all three stages of BP measurement (pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical).
Pre-Analytical & Analytical
Benefits result from easy and accurate placement by untrained users of any skill level. This ease of use will increase accuracy and compliance.
Improvements are achieved through personalised BP management including data recording, an interactive app and cloud-based analysis, aiding physicians in efficient and effective hypertension management.
Their realistic goal is population-wide lowering of BP to reduce the burden of CVD on our health systems through cost-effective, digitised and personalised healthcare.
- Tournicare have raised $2.5m in capital including from sophisticated investors such as Artesian – Alternative Investments.
- Tournicare has patents granted in the US, AU, CH and JP, providing a strong economic moat against competition.
- Successful data collection and usability trial completed.
- Tournicare were the winners of the Australian Technology Competition – Medtech Category
- Rapid beta prototypes produced
- Tournicare have recently secured a strategic US investor.
- Booming tele-monitoring market
Tournicare is now raising AU$1.5m via a SAFE with the aim to achieve the following major milestones:
- Tooled Beta prototypes
- Verification and validation
- Regulatory submissions/approvals – Major Milestone
Key terms of the SAFE:
- AU$8 Million valuation cap
- 20% discount
- $20k minimum investment