VI holds 10th annual VI Summit in 2021, empowering regional investors beyond geographical boundaries in gearing up for exponential growth
- VI Summit was held virtually for the first time in 2021, and was attended by a record number of 3,528 members of the investing community across the Asia Pacific region
- Keynote speakers included renowned investors, fund managers and key VI Community leaders and trainers.
- Newly enhanced VI Line 3.0 and upcoming features for VI App were unveiled during VI Summit 2021.
- New VI product website at vi.app launched at VI Summit 2021
8VI Holdings Limited (the “Company” or “8VI”) held its annual VI Summit (“VIS2021”) on 23rd & 24th January in Singapore under its main brand VI. As part of 8VI’s expedited digital transformation strategy, VIS2021 was held virtually for the first time in 2021 and was attended by a record number of 3,528 members from the investing community across the Asia Pacific region.
Held under the theme of “Gearing Up for Exponential Growth”, key speakers at VIS2021 included:
- Christopher Mayer (Co-founder of Woodlock House Family Capital, Author of 100 Baggers: Stocks that Return 100 to 1 and How to Find Them)
- Steve Torso (Co-founder and Managing Director of Wholesale Investor and CRIISP)
- Oliver Rippel (Partner and Co-founder at Asia Partners)
- Melvin Soh (Co-founder of X-Factor MethodÒ)
- Ken Chee (CEO of 8VI Holdings Ltd)
- Clive Tan (CEO of Hidden Champions Capital Management Pte Ltd)
- Dr Daniel Kao (Associate Trainer of VI College)
- Joshua Zhang (Investment Manager at Hidden Champions Capital Management Pte Ltd)
Pauline Teo, Executive Director of 8VI commented, “Since our founding days in 2008, we have kept the Value Investment movement going and built a sizeable VI Community across the Asia Pacific region.”
“The beginning of this new decade marks a new era for 8VI with our strategic shift into FinEduTech, but our efforts of promoting the concept and knowledge of value investing remains. So, it is only apt for VI Summit 2021, in its 10th year, to go virtual where it allows us to transcend geographical boundaries and connect with the VI Community across the region in an unprecedented scale, while keeping them informed of the latest investment knowledge, trends and ideas,” she added.
8BIT Global Pte Ltd (“8BIT”), the developers of VI App, received the Financial Adviser’s Licence from Monetary Authority of Singapore late last year, and is on track to expand and improve its offering and services, starting with new and enhanced proprietary features for VI App which raises the user experience and information delivery of the smart stock analysis tool.
Among the upcoming features for VI App unveiled in VIS2021, the new VI Line 3.0 will provide customizable relative and absolute valuation options on top of the original features, which allows advanced users to refine and adjust to their preferences accordingly.
In addition, VI App is expected to roll out smart notifications for its VI Analysis and Screener features later in the year. Users will potentially receive Screener notifications of new and exciting companies that meet their criteria, as well as timely VI Analysis notification when potential companies in a user’s watchlist turn around.
CEO of 8VI, Ken Chee commented, “Despite a challenging global outlook resulting from the continued threat of COVID-19, 8VI achieved great success by embracing the new normal and operating with greater digitalization on all fronts. We invested heavily into our technology talent, capabilities and infrastructure, including the creation of two virtual broadcast studios in Singapore and Malaysia to produce better investment and learning experiences for the VI Community across the region. The successful completion of our first large-scale virtual event with VI Summit 2021 is only the start of many more of such digital products and services to come, and we believe it is the first step in reaching out and empowering a wider group of audience.”
VIS2021 also saw the launch of the new product website for VI which is now live on www.vi.app.
Phone: +65 – 6801 4502
About 8VI Holdings Limited
8VI Holdings Ltd (“8VI”) is a Singapore-based FinEduTech company operating under the brand name VI. Through 8BIT Global Pte Ltd (“8BIT”), 8VI provides a smart stock analysis and screening tool infused with a social networking element. 8VI is also the leading financial education provider in the discipline of value investing in Singapore and Malaysia. With offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and Shanghai, 8VI currently supports and nurtures a growing Value Investing Community worldwide.