Australia’s largest investment platform, Wholesale Investor, has released the latest results of the National Investor Sentiment Survey for FY14 Q4. The survey was conducted online over a one month period on the Wholesale Investor registered database of 9,300 private investors, professional investors, CEOs, entrepreneurs and industry participants. To ensure honest feedback from respondents, the survey was conducted anonymously.
“The survey covers a range of topics and issues, and assists to better understand the general sentiment of investors in the current investment environment. It reveals that investors think that now is a great time to invest, have more money and also agreed that a ‘Too Optimistic Valuation’ discourages them from investing.” said Managing Director Steve Torso.
CONDUCTED KEY POINTS:
- 86% of investors describe their view on current investment environment as an OK or Good time to invest
- Investors have been actively investing – The Wholesale Investor network has been active with 70% investing into an opportunity in the last 6 months, with investments in Private & Small Cap Listed Companies benefiting
- Private Companies are still preferred with 57% of investors seeking these types of opportunities compared to 54% of investors preferring Small Cap ASX Listed Companies
- Healthcare, Technology and Internet remain hot sectors with over 48% of interest.
- Investors are currently seeking access to more Private Placements from Small Cap ASX Listed Companies and Business Sale / Acquisition Opportunities offerings
- 65% of investors agreed to a ‘Too Optimistic Valuation’ being the most common factor that discourages them from investing, followed by ‘Too optimistic financial projections’ with ‘Lack of management experience’ also being relevant
- Unsuitable opportunity, Uncertainty about the economy and Wrong timing proved to be the main reasons for investors’ inactivity
- 69% of investors believe Early-Commercialisation and Growth-Expansion proved to be the right stages of company’s lifecycle in which they like to participate
- Concerned but optimistic is the feedback from investors on the outlook for the Australian Economy over the next 2 years, with 68% and just 10% of investors remaining pessimistic
To see the full survey results, please download the document below.
For further Information, please contact Managing Director Steve Torso: