Willowmore’s keyless smart lock system tackling physical lock failures

Highlights

  • Smart lock solutions company Willowmore has developed a keyless smart lock system that is tackling the downfalls of physical locks.
  • The system allows enterprises to instantaneously issue virtual keys to the smartphones of authorised staff and contractors, minimising downtime and potential security breaches.
  • A second iteration of lock is underway utilising Bluetooth technology to connect with sensors on-site, allowing the offsite monitoring of temperature and movement.

Smart lock solutions company Willowmore has developed a keyless smart lock system that is tackling the downfalls of physical locks when disruptions to telecommunications services occur. In the past, telecom staff need to retrieve physical keys to access sites to restore service. This both prolongs the disruptions and opens the door for security threats. Additionally, physical keys are easy to duplicate and history shows the frequency of staff leaving locks unlocked, leading to theft tampering.

Co-founders and managing partners Basil Byrne and Joseph Tey have developed a system whereby enterprises can instantaneously issue virtual keys to the smartphones of authorised staff and contractors. This will allow their assets to be quickly secured and every visitor on entry is tracked.

Willowmore has focused its energy to date on telcos however the smart lock technology is suitable for any company with distributed assets. It allows for greater security and visitor tracking to sites and assets with an improvement on the efficiency of traditional physical locks.

A second iteration of lock is underway with a patent-pending gateway utilising Bluetooth technology to connect with sensors on-site, which will allow customers to monitor factors such as temperature and movement.

The company is almost fully self-funded, with 10% ownership with one angel investor and the remaining 90 per cent is split between the two co-founders. The lock system accounts for nearly half of Willowmore’s revenue of $2 million.

 

About Willowmore Pte Ltd

Willowmore is all about developing brilliant inventions and providing awesome solutions. We develop Access Control Management systems, IOT gateways and Monitoring solutions that our customers trust. We are designing new solutions: Range of Smart locks, IoT gateways and analytics solutions that we believe will change the landscape for the company and for our customers.

Register Interest