“SME property developers are woefully under-served by banks and traditional finance when it comes to funding their property projects.
Wholesale investors don’t have time to do due diligence on property projects and don’t have access to regular projects to consider as investments.
CrowdProperty Australia solves both problems. We invite wholesale investors to invest in curated property project loans and earn up to 7% target interest returns*. Developers get finance with speed, ease, and certainty.
It’s property finance by property people.”
*Target returns, not forecast returns. For wholesale investors only. Terms, conditions and risks apply.
David Ingram, CEO & CO-Founder, CrowdProperty
CrowdProperty is a fintech/proptech online lending specialist efficiently matching the demand of property development project finance with the supply of wholesale investors.
We invite investors — wholesale and professional investors (including SMSFs) — to invest in the CrowdProperty platform to provide project loans to SME property developers so they can build and renovate homes for Australians.
GROWTH OF SECTOR
- Banks are failing SME developers. Meanwhile, Australia needs to build approx. 36,000 houses every year for the next 20 years to support Australia’s growth^.
- Non-bank lending is growing rapidly in Australia, but wider business marketplace lending is still relatively nascent (projected to be AU$465.8m in 2021), and we estimate some 5 or 6 years behind UK marketplace (P2P) lending (projected to be AU$3,316.9m in 2021.)
- Our UK business is growing 81% YoY and is on track to lend £100m this year. With the average Australian project size 50% greater in value, we anticipate the Australian business will scale faster.
- CrowdProperty Australia has a property project deal pipeline of over $50m. Since launching in May 2021 we have funded projects to a total of $2.4m and our projected target for the first year of operation is $25m.
We closed a pre seed SAFE Note investment (50% over subscribed) in October 2020. The investors are nearly all experienced Angel investors, and serial entrepreneurs. They also bring great networks in the property development and tech space.
- The company’s CEO, David Ingram, was the CEO and Co-Founder of a PaaS marketplace for mortgages, insurance, and utilities. His leadership and business capabilities have been honed through years in strategic advisory roles across the property, fintech, and healthcare industries, both in Australia and in the UK. In addition, he has conceived, founded, and successfully exited an Australian property technology start-up.
- Tony Zulli, CrowdProperty’s COO, has a track record of over 30 years in the financial services industry. He has founded, established, and exited businesses.
- Daniel He, CrowdProperty’s Property Director, was directly involved in over $40M worth of property deals with small to medium-sized residential developments across Australia over the last 13 years.
- Leading CrowdProperty’s marketing efforts is Jamie Millar, the company’s Head of Marketing and Growth. He has held several senior roles and is a strategist with extensive experience in SaaS and technology marketing, communications, PR, sales, and brand management.
- The company’s Growth and Operation Specialist, Jack Starkey, has three years of experience developing a wealth and investment advisory business focused on strategic property and superannuation investments.
BOARD AND ADVISORY
Director —Mike Bristow — CEO and Co-founder of CrowdProperty UK
Director – Tony Zulli – COO CrowdProperty Australia
Director – David Ingram CEO CrowdProperty Australia
Investment Committee includes the board, plus:
Property Director – Daniel He
Property Director UK – Andrew Hall
Ian Bell — Brand and Marketing
Cally Armstrong — People & Culture, HR law
Jeff Lewis — Technology
Alex Retzlaff — Tech Start Up and Scale Ups
Jim Watson — Property Developer with 30+ years’ experience
CrowdProperty is raising funds for a property project pipeline of over $50m.
We have recently closed a project for $1.4m (funded in one week) offering a return of 7% p.a. target interest* over a 15-month loan term. Our next project is launching imminently.
In August 2021, we will be raising $1.75m in growth capital to support the scaling of CrowdProperty Australia.